This very simple how-to can be used for all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008 . I didn’t test on Windows Server 2012
The most common situation it happens to me is: “OK, I have this network share. Let’s access with this user…ok it works. No, wait! This is the wrong user!!” or even “Let’s access with this user and save the password..NOOOOOO I didn’t check ‘Save Password!!!” And then I have to restart the PC and hope that it asks again for user and password.
After the 100th time I did something like this, I decided to learn how to make Widows forget saved network passwords.
In truth there’s ONLY a short answer. All you have to do is:
- Start->Search programs and files
- Type Credentials Manager
- On the field Windows Credentials you should have one or more rows.
- Click on the credential you want to remove
- Click on Remove from vault
- Now you can access again to the share you want to save and use the right credential and/or save them
- By the way, if you want to change the credentials, you can click on Edit and change user and/or password. You cannot change the server (URL or IP).